Suzanne Staal is a Brisbane based therapist specialising in Eye Movement, Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness frameworks.
- Masters of Mental Health (University of Qld. Dept of Psychiatry)
- Bachelor Degree of Social Work (University of Qld.)
- Bachelor Degree of Fine Art (Griffith University)
- Certified Mindfulness Practitioner (Mindfulness Training Institute Australia-New Zealand)
- Accreditation with the EMDR Institute, run by Francine Shapiro who developed EMDR therapy
Suzanne obtained her Masters in Mental Health in 2008 and since that time she has worked with mental health presentations in adults, adolescents and children in government, non-government and private practice settings. Much of this work has been trauma focused and related to family of origin, attachment and early life experiences. She has completed extensive training in the treatment of trauma and attained a Masters level in the administration of Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) – an internationally recognised gold standard treatment for PTSD and other trauma-related conditions.
Suzanne is a Certified Mindfulness practitioner. Through her personal practice of Mindfulness and well as in her professional work she has come to appreciate the therapeutic benefits of this mind-heart-body approach. It’s ability to increase our capacity for wisdom, self compassion and adaptive responses to the challenging situations that arise in our lives, makes it a valuable resource for enhancing resilience and wellbeing as well as authentic living.
Prior to completing her Masters in Mental Health in 2008, Suzanne worked as a Social Worker for 20 years with a diverse range of populations.
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker through the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Medicare Australia (MBS Provider)
- Member of EMDR Australia Association (EMDRAA)
- Mental Health Professional Network Indooroopilly